Upload! Big problem for mee

I did install cartographie-map-the-paths-uploader_0.0.3_amd64.deb in my deepin installation (today is deepin = debian in all excepted the dde (probably Deepin Development Environment). It is usual at deepin that after upgrading somewhat crashes in the dde part of old installations. it is now so in my installation and don’t disturb really (but Deepin offers more than other distributions like Google Earth, not only Marble/Marble-QT (ok I have both installed as “geography” is a major thematic for me), etc. The only one problem is that the result of all installations is bad because deepin can’t find the own deepin dependency required to adapt deepin itself sot the new stage…

so I don’t know if above uploader from trekview is really installed correctly. I see no message that is it not so, …

… but I also see never new icon or menu item for such an uploader!

and at the page mapthepaths com uploader the link at the bottom look to the page I was before so I turn around…

at the page guides trekview org capture/how-to

is a comment that I probably don’t need some uploader (at it seem to be only necessary for videos and I don’t want to make videos: my tours are to long to make videos with my camera as the accu capacity seems to be low and the usb-card has only 32 GB (and although the poor Maginon camera make poor picture, -it can be somekind of advantage as it increase virtually the size of the usb card as the pictures can be more small-, it seems that the extrapolation of data to make the virtual resolution higher creates big html5 files - I’m not certain, my experience is to small but it seems to be so)

and at www mapthepaths com itself, I see after hitting at «upload imagery > www mapthepaths com uploader >> www mapthepaths com uploader >>> www mapthepaths com getting-started/ >>>> www mapthepaths com uploader»

… and I am back where I already where and did only turn around :-((

if I repeat the installation using dpkg -i I get following error message:

Selecting previously unselected package map-the-paths-uploader.
(Reading database … 375528 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack cartographie-map-the-paths-uploader_0.0.3_amd64.deb …
Unpacking map-the-paths-uploader (0.0.3) …
Setting up map-the-paths-uploader (0.0.3) …
Could not parse file “/usr/share/applications/screensavers/glitchpeg.desktop”: Key file contains line ?several times a second. After a while, finds a new image to corrupt. Written by Jamie Zawinski; 2018.? which is not a key-value pair, group, or comment

so I suppose that my installation is wrong (and I will remake it new soon in an other linux version! It a 32-bit linux also adequate?)…

how to check it?

is a wiki page available?

how starts the upload process?

Hey @francois.comparot! Welcome, and sorry for the slow response and the inconvenience uploading.

Could not parse file “/usr/share/applications/screensavers/glitchpeg.desktop”: Key file contains line ?several times a second. After a while, finds a new image to corrupt. Written by Jamie Zawinski; 2018.? which is not a key-value pair, group, or comment

Hmmm. I am not sure what this error is referring to, seems environment specific to your machine.

Can you explain, step-by-step how you tried to install the Uploader application?

p.s we’re working on the next release of the Uploader, due for release in July

HQ | Blog | View / Upload Photos | Become a Trekker | Facebook | Instagram