I have received the following email from Mapillary. We will be updating all Trek View software to v4 in the coming months.
Dear Mapillary user,
Mapillary will migrate from our current API to a new version in the first half of 2021. The current version, API v3, includes the following public endpoints from the https://a.mapillary.com domain:
- v3/object_detections (formerly v3/image_detections)
Your apps may depend on multiple APIs from this list, and you will need to migrate to the new version, API v4, for your apps to continue working with Mapillary. Some features may be more limited in functionality, require different methods of use, or be retired altogether. We plan to make these changes transparent to you as a key user as soon as possible.
Please be aware of the following timeline:
- March 2021: No new client IDs may be created for API v3
- March 2021: Mock API with limited images available for testing and development
- May 2021: New images uploaded to Mapillary will not be accessible via the v3 API
- May 2021: API v3 will be retired and replaced entirely by API v4
The precise launch date for API v4 is yet to be determined, but will be prior to the shutdown of API v3 in May 2021. If you are interested in beta testing the API, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your current utilization of the Mapillary API to learn more about testing opportunities.
Thank you for your patience as we move to take the Mapillary API to the next level, and we look forward to seeing you continue to successfully work with the Mapillary platform and data.
Thanks and best,
The Mapillary Team