Issues with multi-360 Facebook posts

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone else had seen an issue with the new Facebook Web UI and multi-360 Facebook posts.

If I upload a single 360 and post it, the 360 viewer works.

If I upload more than one 360 into a single post, the photos are cropped to squares (the 360’s initial FOV) and the 360 viewer does not load.

I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Our FB page with some examples of this behaviour here: https://www.facebook.com/trekview/

Note, this is issue not related to this post. I can confirm photos contain XMP projection equirectangular / XMP usepanoramaviewer true.

Just Facebook doing something new.

@OmniSynThesis360VR do you know more about their plans?

Seems a bug to me that multi 360’s show as cropped flat images, but individual images have full 360 controls.

@dgreenwood-trekview no I don’t, I was just sceptic.

360’s in the new Facebook used to not work at all. Meanwhile they have resolved that. I don’t think I have ever tried to share multiple 360’s to the timeline of my profile or a page. I load them to albums. Just checked and within albums, 360’s are without controls too. Filed a report with them. I wonder if there is something that they will phase out. Very untrustworthy platform.

HQ | Blog | Spotted a Trekker? | Become a Trekker | Facebook | Instagram