A brand new equipment is quite ready

Hi all,
I’m Federico, head of photographers and the-equipment-man here at Trek View.
During one of my first posts, I promised you all to share some more detail about something that was boil in the pot…
With @dgreenwood-trekview and the other TV team, we are working on an high-end version of the Trek Pack, for some kind of special captures.
Is not still ready, but yesterday we have ran a test to better understand the potential of this solution and the developed stage.
You can find the path and some pictures here.

1 Like

That camera looks like one heavy lump to have swinging above your head while navigating some rugged trails.

Hope your backpack solution is height adjustable. Looking at your sample FB images it will work fine when trekking in open spaces, but many trails I’ve captured at that height I’d be regularly getting it hooked up on low hanging branches.

1 Like

Hi Jim,
yes, the backpack is fully height adjustable and is very stable, even if the camera has not properly the weight of a Theta :slight_smile:

One of the scope of the test did yesterday was to understand how high can the camera stay, before start to move too much. One aspect to consider as well is that with better image quality, Google’s algorithm works better on horizon fixing.

In Elba Island, where I capured around 400 Km. the wood is really dense with a similar condition you found so the camera can be place with lenses just above the head line. to stay as much low as possible.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

1 Like

HQ | Blog | Spotted a Trekker? | Become a Trekker | Facebook | Instagram